Houston Home Buyers
Home Remodeling Contractors In Houston
Helping You Make Smarter Home Improvement DecisionsWhen it comes to making a real estate investment, informed Houston home buyers typically make smarter decisions. Whether to buy an existing home or have a new home built is yet another decision to make during the home-buying process. If you decide to go with an existing home, you can count on your Houston realtors, The Zoller Group, to be a powerful advocate in your corner to consult with you on energy saving home improvements and remodeling upgrades.
Selecting the Right Houston Remodeling ContractorSelecting a contractor doesn't have to be difficult if you follow these tips. Making an informed decision is important when undertaking a remodeling project and we recommend you take your time. Be thorough in your search, as due diligence is essential. Ask friends and family members for referrals and firsthand accounts of remodeling jobs.
Below are some basic pointers to help you select and hire a contractor.
* Attend local home shows and talk to remodeling experts at these events
* Interview qualifying contractors and ask lots of questions. Follow up with references, and check credentials
* Ask who will manage my project? How will this person communicate with you and how often will you communicate with me? Is there a backup person I can speak with if you are not available?
* How soon can you begin my project and when should I expect to have the project completed?
* What aspects of my project will be handled by your team and what will be subcontracted out? Who will manage the subcontractors?
* Are you a specialty firm or full-service? If your project requires primarily a "trim carpenter", you may not need a full service company.
* Are any of your personnel certified or carry any special designations?
* Will I need a building permit? If so, how will that be handled and by whom?
* How long have you been in business?
* Contact the local Better Business Bureau to determine if there are any adverse comments on file.
* Make sure the contractor carry's workman's compensation and other insurance protection
* Make sure you feel a connection with your contractor