Houston Home Buyers
First Time Houston Home Buyer Tips
Guiding First Time Houston Home BuyersBuying your first home in Houston can often seem like being on a roller coaster ride. For many, the exerience of buying your first Houston home is both exciting and a bit frightening. To avoid making costly mistakes when navigating the uncharted waters of your first home purchase, it is recommended you select a seasoned team of real estate professionals who have helped many first time home buyers like yourself. Your local Houston realtors, The Zoller Group, will guide your every step from your initial home buying consultation, until you are handed the keys to your first Houston home and beyond! So where does one start in the process and how do you avoid the pitfalls of buying a Houston home, townhome or condo?
Knowledge is Power For Houston Real Estate!Well informed first time home buyers make smarter home buying decisions and are able to purchase their first home with confidence! Using your Houston realtors website as your reference manual, you will find numerous Houston real estate articles and user-friendly search tools to help you understand what you can afford to buy in the greater Houston area and the type of property that is right for you and your needs. Below are some critical first time home buying tips to help you get started:
- Get your finances in order. Refrain from opening new charge card accounts. Maybe consider paying off as much debt as possible.
- Mortgage lending are much tighter now in light of recent events in the subprime mortgage market so expect to have more money to pay for a down payment.
- Repair any bad credit issues. Late payments affect your credit score so do all possible to boast your credit scores by working with your creditors.
- Take inventory (make a list) and be realistic with your wants (desires) and needs (necessities). Do you need to be located near your office? Remember - location drives value!
- Be ready to compromise your expectations.
- Once you have been pre-qualified for your mortgage, manage your emotions and view homes with a clear head.
- Depend on the advice of family members and real estate experts. This is where they can be valuable in protecting your interests!
- If you have any doubts, don't be afraid to ask questions! Educated buyers are smart buyers and are able to buy with confidence!
- Understand the tax benefits to home ownership. Download the IRS Publication #530 Tax Information For First Time Homeowners.
These are but a few of the details you should keep in mind when buying your first Houston home. As experienced first time home buying experts, The Zoller Group will help you every step of the way, so contact us, your Houston area realtor today for more information on buying your first Houston area home.